BA (Hons) Business Administration (top-up) from the University of Hertfordshire
If your ultimate dream is to get a degree, you can go all the way with ABE. We have an exclusive partnership with the University of Hertfordshire (UH), the UK's leading business-facing university and an exemplar in the sector, so that on completion of an ABE Level 5 Diploma you can progress straight onto the UH BA (Hons) Business Administration (top-up).
This is an online programme, delivered and awarded by UH and facilitated through ABE and ABE accredited centres. It provides a fast and affordable direct route to a degree course from a leading UK university. Plus, the course is designed to provide flexibility that allows you to fit study around work and other commitments. This offer is exclusively for ABE learners and there are three steps:
Step 1: ABE Level 4 120 credit diploma
Step 2: ABE Level 5 120 credit diploma
Step 3: BA (Hons) Business Administration (top-up) (online)
from the University of Hertfordshire
See our fantastic diploma options - they are renowned for developing superb business skills:
Find your nearest centre here.
The UH course
The course offers a strong understanding of business and the disciplines which underpin it.
How will I study?
Online distance learning gives you the flexibility of when and where to study. However, interacting with other students and tutors is still important, so this flexibility is combined with online discussions, podcasts and synchronised sessions, where possible. To keep you on track, assessments are also scheduled at specific times.
Part-time, three consecutive semesters (12 months).
Modules (15 credits per module)
- Business Strategy
- Contemporary Issues in Business and Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Organisations
- Business and Commercial Awareness
- Global Marketing, Ethics and Culture
- Issues in the Global Economy
- Digital Economy
When can I join?
Intakes are September, January and May.
To be eligible for entry you need to have successfully achieved an ABE Level 5 Diploma from the current (RQF) syllabus.
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered.
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
- Cambridge English Qualifications: B2 First (FCE) and C1 Advanced (CAE) score of 169 (with no less than 162 in any band) for undergraduate. C2 Proficiency (CPE) score of 180 (with no less than 162 in any band).
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) 51 (with no less than 42 in any band).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 72 with band scores of reading 18, writing 17, listening 17, speaking 20.
- Language Cert International ESOL SELT B2 (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking) Listening: 33/50; Reading: 33/50: Writing: 33/50; Speaking: 33/50
You can see a list of local language qualifications by country here. If your country is not on this list please use one of the tests above.
How do I apply
To enrol on this programme, you first need to successfully complete your ABE Level 4 & Level 5 Diplomas. All administration will be done through ABE and your ABE centre.
Find your nearest ABE centre here.
Click here to sign up for more information about how to enrol on this programme.
*£4,500 Caribbean only. Please note in Guyana and Trinidad & Tobago the University operates through ABE centres only.