BA (Hons) Business Administration (top-up) from the University of Hertfordshire
If your ultimate dream is to get a degree, you can go all the way with ABE. We have an exclusive partnership with the University of Hertfordshire (UH), the UK's leading business-facing university and an exemplar in the sector, so that on completion of an ABE Level 5 Diploma you can progress straight onto the UH BA (Hons) Business Administration (top-up).
This is an online programme, delivered and awarded by UH and facilitated through ABE and ABE accredited centres. It provides a fast and affordable direct route to a degree course from a leading UK university. Plus, the course is designed to provide flexibility that allows you to fit study around work and other commitments. This offer is exclusively for ABE learners and there are typically three steps:
Step 1: ABE Level 4 120 credit diploma
Step 2: ABE Level 5 120 credit diploma
Step 3: BA (Hons) Business Administration (top-up) (online)
from the University of Hertfordshire
See our fantastic diploma options - they are renowned for developing superb business skills:
Find your nearest centre here.
The UH course
The course offers a strong understanding of business and the disciplines which underpin it.
How will I study?
Online distance learning gives you the flexibility of when and where to study. However, interacting with other students and tutors is still important, so this flexibility is combined with online discussions, podcasts and synchronised sessions, where possible. To keep you on track, assessments are also scheduled at specific times.
Part-time, three consecutive semesters (12 months).
Modules (15 credits per module)
- Business Strategy
- Contemporary Issues in Business and Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Organisations
- Business and Commercial Awareness
- Global Marketing, Ethics and Culture
- Issues in the Global Economy
- Digital Economy
When can I join?
Intakes are September, January and May.
September 2021 intake deadline:
Initial registration and payment needs to be completed by 6th August 2021
January 2022 intake deadline:
Initial registration and payment needs to be completed by 19 November 2021
May 2022 intake deadline:
Initial registration and payment needs to be completed by 7 April 2022
To be eligible to enrol on the Top-up, you typically need to have successfully achieved a minimum of two ABE 120 credit diplomas from the current (RQF) syllabus. You will also need evidence of the necessary English language capability. More detailed information about different entry qualification scenarios can be read here in our brochure.
You can see a list of local language qualifications by country here. If your country is not on this list you will need one of the qualifications below.
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
- Cambridge English Qualifications: B2 First (FCE) and C1 Advanced (CAE) score of 169 (with no less than 162 in any band) . C2 Proficiency (CPE) score of 180 (with no less than 162 in any band).
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) 51 (with no less than 42 in any band).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 72 with band scores of reading 18, writing 17, listening 17, speaking 20.
- Language Cert International ESOL SELT B2 (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking) Listening: 33/50; Reading: 33/50: Writing: 33/50; Speaking: 33/50
How do I enrol
To enrol on this programme, you first need to successfully complete your ABE Level 4 & Level 5 Diplomas, then enrolment can be arranged via your ABE centre.
If you are no longer in touch with your centre, or you self-studied, you can enrol directly through our secure WU GlobalPay page here.
Find your nearest ABE centre here.
- £2,500* rest of world.
- *£4,500 Caribbean only - due to regional price banding. Please note, in Guyana and Trinidad & Tobago the University operates through ABE centres only.
For more detailed information please see our brochure: