This short qualification for the 14+ age group is to help them consider setting up their own business or being self-employed. It is designed to highlight the features and challenges so that informed decisions can be made. The qualification culminates in a self-assessment of whether setting up a business is the right decision. It is assessed by assignment.
On successful completion of this Award, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of self-employment based on their personal circumstances and needs
- Demonstrate an awareness of the legal responsibilities
- Outline the business proposition
- Understand the personal and business monetary needs
- Understand the requirements for accurate financial recordkeeping
- Demonstrate an awareness of the financial obligations