ABE is recognised by The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) www.ofqual.gov.uk
Ofqual is the regulator of qualifications, examinations and assessments in England. Ofqual is a non-ministerial government department which reports directly to the UK Parliament.
It was set up in 2010 and its main objectives are:
- To secure that qualifications give a reliable indication of skills, knowledge and understanding and that the attainment level is consistent over time.
- To secure that assessments give a reliable indication of skills, knowledge and understanding and that the attainment level is consistent over time.
- To promote public confidence in regulated qualifications and assessments.
- To promote awareness of the range of qualifications and the benefits of regulated qualifications to the public.
- To secure efficiency and value for money in regulated qualifications.
Ofqual recognises awarding organisations and only recognised awarding organisations can offer regulated qualifications. In this way Ofqual makes sure only those organisations that have the appropriate resources, capability and expertise can award regulated qualifications. You can read more about the importance of studying regulated qualifications here on our blog.
ABE complies with Ofqual's recognition criteria.
For more information about our recognition and the regulated qualifications we offer visit The Register of Regulated Awarding Organisations and Qualifications.