Employability skills: making the move to work
- Qualification Number: 603/1926/4
- Number of Units: 1
- Guided Learning Hours: 25
- Credits: 3
This short qualification will help students age 14+ be work ready, by developing awareness of what employers require and look for. The qualification will develop skills essential for jobseekers in the modern working world and will help improve the chances of employment.
It is assessed by assignment.
On completing of this programme, learners will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by employability skills and why employers want people with these skills in addition to qualifications and/or experience.
- Assess their own skillset in terms of employability and provide examples to support strengths, preferences and areas for development.
- Complete a job application and prepare for an interview based on their skill set.
The qualification can be offered as a stand-alone course or incorporated into a longer programme, thereby adding value.